We remember our fallen military service members from WWII to current conflicts. A special memorial is on display for Southfield veterans who died in Vietnam. Also in our VFW Hall is a POW/MIA Remembrance Table, honoring our missing and captive service members from all conflicts.
Poppy Days are usually during the first full week of May. However, our Post make poppies available all year long at the beverage bar. Your donations are greatly appreciated.
Coming home doesn't mean the battle is over. With over 10 times the amount of veterans lost to suicide than to combat operations in the same time period, there has never been a more important time to TAKE A STAND and DO something to support our veterans!! If you or someone you know is suffering from PTSD, we have people that have shared a similar experience and are ready to help.
As yesterday's defenders of freedom, we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
- Thank you for your interest in VFW Post 2645. To see our monthly events calendar and Post News, go to www.vfw2645.org, then select the News menu.
- 2022 VFW AUX Fundraiser -- click here for the details!
- We are no longer in the hall rental business. To find a VFW Post that offers hall rentals, visit: www.vfw.org; select Find a Post; enter your zip code and your desired mile radius. Before clicking on the Go button, select the Hall Rental option.
- Want to join the VFW? Contact Commander Don at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Learn about Military Discounts. https://veteran.com/military-and-veteran-discounts/
- Help with the baby shower wish list for Women Veterans. Click for items needed.
- NAIAS Security Services is looking to hire Veterans, Retired Police, and Military. Click for information flyer.
...we want to welcome today's military service members into our ranks to become part of our elite group.
WWII, Korean War, Vietnam War, Persian Gulf War, Kosovo, War in Afghanistan, War in Iraq, War on Global Terror and other Peace-Keeping Expeditionary Campaigns throughout the globe.
I may not always believe in and trust our government, but I will ALWAYS believe and trust the American Soldier. You have taken a sacred oath to protect the many FREEDOMS that so many of us take for granted. Please understand that I am grateful for your sacrifice(s) and your service on my behalf. It is an honor to call you "My Countrymen".
President Kennedy said once "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country." There are few ways less noble to serve our country than through the military. The courage and strength that you all exude are qualities which deserve only our highest gratitude. I cannot thank you enough for what you have done.
"Patriotism is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime." I agree wholeheartedly that it is the dedication of a lifetime that defines true patriotism. You all have given not only your time, dedication and effort, but—most importantly—your very being to the protection and advancement of this great country. You work tirelessly for the rights of the veterans who serve our country, while conducting the nation’s finest civic training to instill young future leaders with the knowledge, understanding and wisdom to govern this country.
WASHINGTON - Today, the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) pauses to remember the more than 156,000 brave Allied troops who landed by ...
WASHINGTON - June is Pride Month, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) joins the nation in recognizing LGBTQI+ veterans and serv...